Creating a character is a simple step-wise process.
- Roll 3d6 for each of six ability scores (Strength, Intelligence, Wisdom, Conviction, Dexterity, Charisma). Statistic values grant bonuses and penalties that come into play. (Click here for more about the Ability scores.)
- Select a Race (Human, Dwarf, Elf, Halfling). (Click here for a description of the basic races available)
- Select a Class (Fighting Man, Magic-User, Thief, and Cleric). (Click here for a description of the basic classes available)
- Choose any languages (Click here for more about available languages.)
- Determine the character’s Hit Point (HP) value. Every level offers a single Hit Die (HD) and a high or low Constitution ability score offers a certain bonus or penalty per level.
- Select the character’s alignment: Lawful Good, Chaotic Good, Neutral, Chaotic Evil, or Lawful Evil.
- Determine the amount of gold pieces the character starts with. 3d6 x10
- Purchase starting equipment.
Ready for more?
- Learn more about how Combat works
- Learn more About Mazes & Perils
- Learn where to find Mazes & Perils
- Have questions? Here's where to find us!